1. Interest rates are at historic lows.
2. Buyers market. Fewer buyers, and less transations, mean prices are lower.
3. Sellers are willing to negotiate. Not just on the price, but on other things like what conveys and move in dates.
4. Buying still beats renting in many cases. If you have a job and decent credit, buying can save you money each month over renting, plus you build up equity in the home, and if you buy now, near the bottom, then you are more likely to appreciate as the market improves.
5. In most cases, prices haven’t been better since 2004.
It’s time… Help me find good deals: